Mobile Video Poker
Video Poker takes the basic elements from the traditional game but has updated it to make a far more exciting one-player game. The fab thing about this fun-fuelled game is that it works perfectly on a mobile or tablet device and can be played at your own speed, as there are no other players to compete against.
The thrills of Video Poker are great for newbies as the rules are very straightforward, but even season pros never get bored of this fun game. It’s also great for all budgets as you can select a coin denomination that works for you.
To play, you’ll be dealt 5 cards and given the chance to ‘hold’ any that you think might be useful in forming a good hand. Your discarded cards will then be replaced to form your final hand. There’s always a pay table in view that you can check your hand against to see how much you can win.
Video Poker is a superb game to take on the go as it can be just as exciting in short bursts as it is when you play for hours. Check it out today at one of our top-rated Casino Apps to see what you think!
Video Poker Options
Outside of the fact that mobile video poker is easy to learn and easy to play, it’s also got loads of variations from which to choose. Like the slot game genre, video poker is able to avail itself in numerous incarnations while still adhering to the original rules and basics of the game. Slight changes here and there have given designers the ability to create all kinds of mobile video poker games while never veering too far from the formula. For the purposes of illustration, here are just some of the video poker variations you’ll be able to enjoy:
- Aces and Eights is an interesting version of Video Poker. Splitting pairs of Aces and Eights is actually part of basic Blackjack strategy, and possibly served as the inspiration here. Ranking and payouts are standard, except that the 3 highest payouts are for 4 Of A Kind of Aces or 8s, then of 7s, and then of any other cards.
- Jacks or Better is the original Video Poker game. You are paid out if your hand has a Pair of Jacks, or anything better – a Pair of greater-value cards, or a hand that has a higher ranking. This is the form of Video Poker you are most likely to see at mobile casinos.
- Double Double Bonus Poker is one of the world's favourite variations of Video Poker. You get the biggest payouts possible for a 4 Of A Kind hand, which is what makes this a Bonus Poker, and then win even more after the kicker card is taken into account. The kicker's influence is why it is classified as a Double Double version.
- Bonus Deuces Wild Poker pays out more than most other Video Poker versions for 4 Of A Kind hands, and even more for those with 5 same-value cards. Getting a hand with 5 cards that are worth the same amount is possible because the deuces act as Wilds and can stand in for any other card.
- Deuces Wild Poker allows deuces to be used for any card value. Substitute them to help make up lucrative hands, and stand to win a lot more money. With a theoretical Return to Player Percentage that never drops below 97%, this is one of the most lucrative formats of Video Poker you are going to find.
- Aces and Eights Poker pays out for a pair of Jacks or any hand that is higher than this, as with Jacks or Better. The second-highest hand is 4 Of A Kind, featuring 4 Aces or 4 Eights. Rumoured to be named after an infamous incident where a man holding 2 Aces and 2 rights was shot, it's also known as Dead Man's Hand.
- Aces and Faces Poker features especially high returns for any hand with 4 Of A Kind where those 4 cards are Aces, Kings, Queens or Jacks. Four Aces pays out the second-highest amount in the game, after a Royal Flush. The next payout tier is a Straight Flush, followed by 4 of a kind with any of the face cards.
Is there a Bonus?
Always a valid question and one which always has an answer – yes – if you’re a new player or it’s your first time at the casino at which you select to play mobile video poker, there will be a bonus for you. Sign up offers can be anything from a $20 to well over one hundred pounds. The cool thing about receiving a bonus is that you’re not required to spend it all on one game. This means that you can start things off with video poker and then move on to the other exciting games at the casino such as mobile slots, mobile blackjack, mobile roulette, mobile keno, mobile scratch cards and even live dealer games.